Monday, June 25, 2012

Henry Is Getting Older So Fast.

353

Henry is getting older so fast.

I think that’s the only sentence I need to write. I’ll just copy and paste that sentence each month and post a couple of pictures…

Okay, I guess I better get into some more details.

Henry is five months old now, he still hasn’t learned how to roll over from his stomach to his back, but he fell asleep the other night on his stomach which is much better than what he had been doing for weeks, rolling over onto his stomach in his sleep and waking up crying when he couldn’t get himself back over. For a week or so he was rolling over onto his stomach and crying so often that Carol or I had to sleep on the floor next to his crib so we could roll him back over and still catch a couple of Zs.

Henry has started eating solid foods and he really, really likes it. He’s had carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and bananas. We mix the baby food vegetables/fruit with some baby rice cereal and he can’t get enough of it. Half the time he cries when you finish feeding him because he wants more. He’s drinking less and less milk and eating more and more solid foods. Feeding him is probably one of the most hilarious things ever. You have to put a bib on him because he manages to get food everywhere! He keeps getting better, but there are still times when you put the spoon to his mouth and he just doesn’t open up. My solution has been to sing to him or make sounds like a train or plane. Carol doesn’t have to do any of that silliness, Henry eats just fine for her; she’s the no nonsense one I guess. Another thing he does is that sometimes he really wants to hold the spoon himself. Sometimes he puts the spoon in his mouth, but sometimes he puts the wrong end in his mouth and sometimes he just plays with the spoon, so what I do is get two spoons and give him the second one to play with when he wants it. 

Henry is grabbing things more and more. He seems to favor his left hand when grabbing things so Carol is convinced we have a southpaw. I wear my wedding ring on a chain around my neck and Henry loves to grab it.

Henry got baptized at my parent’s church in Queens this month, a lot of my friends and family that hadn’t gotten to meet Henry yet got to see him and even hold him for a while. Lots of my friends can’t believe I have a kid. I don’t know if that’s because it makes them feel old or because they never pictured me as the responsible type. Maybe it's a little of both.

351

Both photos were taken by my Aunt Lawren who drove all the way from Rhode Island to meet Henry and see him get baptized. Lawren, thanks for coming to the baptism and taking these great shots. 

1 comment: